Looking to find the right talent for your business? You're in good company. Today, companies of all sizes – from a range of industries – are grappling with a pressing business challenge: the labor shortage. Yes, with employment low, it's become increasingly difficult for companies to attract, hire, and retain the talent they need to carry out their business objectives.
So, what can your business do about it?
Well, competitive times call for creative measures. Here are five out-of-the-box ways to bring talent to your door:
- Put your employees on the job. Develop a strong employee referral program that compensates employees for the referrals they make. Promote the program to all employees and offer good incentives. For example, in addition to offering a referral bonus in the beginning, pay the referring employee a bonus when the person they refer hits a work milestone, such as a one-year anniversary. And be sure to publicize recruiting successes in employee communications like a company newsletter.
- Develop a creative recruiting strategy. You know that creating a strong company brand and strategy can help you reach new and existing customers. Why not create one for prospective employees touting the benefits of working at your company? Interview your employees to find out why they like best about working at your company and develop fun and compelling recruitment marketing communications that highlight the perks of your organization.
- Up your social media game. Once you have your recruitment marketing strategy, use social media to bring it to life. Instead of just posting about open positions, show what it's like to work for your company. For example, feature photos and videos from employee events and inside your workplace. Also use social media to spotlight employee successes.
- Have a party. Looking to bring skilled candidates into your place of business? Throw a party and invite prospective candidates. Then, they can see your work environment and talk with your employees.
- Turn the camera on in your workplace. Create a day-in-the-life video of your employees to show what it's like to work at your company. You can highlight the workplace and let prospective candidates get a real sense of what the work environment and culture is like.
A little creativity can go a long way in helping bring qualified candidates to you.