The year 2022 is almost in the books. Many of us use this time to take stock of the past year and make our resolutions to be our best for the New Year. To help get 2023 off to a great start, there are some important things you may want to do this year, including:
- Visit your doctor. Did you have a physical in 2022? It's important that you make your health a priority and see your doctor each year. A checkup is a great way to prevent health problems in the future.
- Make a dental checkup. Your oral health plays an important role in your overall health and wellbeing. If you haven't done so, schedule your dental checkup to assess the health of your teeth and gums. Don't wait until you experience pain to go.
- De-clutter. Are you holding on to things you don't need? Doing so over the years can cause you to accumulate junk and lose valuable storage space. Pick a different room in your house and go through cabinets, closets, and drawers to clear out what you don't need or use. Then, donate your old goods, such as furniture or clothing to a shelter.
- Make a charitable donation. The end of the year is a great time to think about giving back to others. Even just a few dollars can help make a difference to someone less fortunate. And if you make the donation by the end of the year, you may be able to take advantage of tax benefits. Talk to your tax advisor.
- Sharpen your resume. Even if you love your job, it's still important to keep your resume current. Take some time to review it and update your skills and qualifications.
- Establish your goals for the coming year. Are there specific things you would like to accomplish in the New Year, such as losing weight or changing jobs? If so, write down your goals and specific steps you can take to help you reach them.
- Express gratitude. The end of the year is the perfect time to think about the people who helped make your year special. Spend a little time to pen them a note or to thank them for their support, help, and love.
So go ahead, put yourself in a great position for a great new year by taking these important steps. Do it today because 2022 will be history before you know it.