Bring Customers Right to You During the Holiday Season
| Posted in Bank Blogs
Ready, set, start your shopping carts! The holiday shopping season has begun. If you own a business, it's a great opportunity to bring customers to your physical or even virtual door, especially with Small Business Saturday. This annual event, celebrated the Saturday following Thanksgiving, is designed to encourage consumers to support small businesses and recognize all they do for their local communities.
Here are some ways you can capitalize on Small Business Saturday and the holiday season:
- Offer special savings or discounts. Holiday shoppers love deals. And the holiday season is a great time to offer them. Consider running special promotions or sales or offering a free gift to bring customers to you and help counter rising inflation.
- Host an event. What better way to bring customers to your door than to have a party? Consider hosting an in-person or virtual appreciation event for your best customers. Offer them special savings to let them know you appreciate their business.
- Leverage social media. Use your social media channels to create excitement about your business, to spread holiday cheer, promote special offers, feature merchandise, etc. Also, consider working with local social influencers to get them to feature your products.
- Provide helpful gift ideas. People are always looking for creative gifts. Help them out by offering suggestions in your newsletter or emails, store signage, and on social media. Be sure to tell them how they can buy these gifts from you.
- Team up with other businesses. Work with local business owners in your area to drive more traffic to your business. You could host an open house and cross promote each other's products.
Taking advantage of these selling opportunities can help you not only build your business during the holiday season, but also develop new customer relationships that can last all year long.