The Business of Blogging
| Posted in Bank Blogs
Finding cost-effective ways to reach customers and prospects is critical to growing your business. An increasingly popular way business owners are accomplishing that today is by blogging. A blog can help you —
- Increase website traffic. Search engines love fresh content, so having a regularly updated blog can make it easier for prospects to find your business online.
- Connect with your customers. When you enable comments on a blog, your customers and prospects can share their insights and opinions about their needs.
- Establish your expertise. A blog will help you establish credibility for you and your business. Think of it as free PR.
- Share your content. If you provide insightful content that's important to your customers and prospects, they will share your blog, which will increase your exposure.
Guidelines for successful blogging
If you decide to create a blog for your business, there are some important things you need to do before you start posting your content, including:
- Developing a strategy for your blog. Think about the audience for your blog and the types of information they would like to read. Then, post blogs and curate content that adheres to your strategy.
- Creating a name. Once you have determined the type of content you will provide, create a memorable name that ties in with your strategy or the name of your company.
- Posting regularly. A blog can only get you results if you commit to updating it on a regular basis.
- Using good grammar. A well-written, thoughtful blog will provide a positive and professional impression of your company.
- Having a clear call-to-action. The most successful blogs are those that get customers to respond and engage. Consider asking a question of your audience members to get them to share their insights.
In short, a blog can be a smart, no-cost way to connect with customers and prospects and to build your business. Start planning yours today.