Celebrate Small Businesses This Holiday Season and All Year Long
| Posted in Bank Blogs
It's the annual season of giving and thanks. It's also time to celebrate another annual tradition – Small Business Saturday. Created by American Express® during the recession of 2010 and held every Saturday following Thanksgiving, Small Business Saturday encourages consumers to support local businesses during the holiday season.
But though Small Business Saturday happens once a year, you can support small businesses all year long. Here's how:
- Shop local. Drop into local businesses during Small Business Saturday and throughout the year. If you're not comfortable shopping in person, order online or by phone.
- Purchase gift cards. In addition to being great presents, gift cards provide the perfect opportunity to support a variety of local businesses – from restaurants to hair salons.
- Dine in or out. The restaurant industry was hit hard during the pandemic, so it's great to support them either by dining in or ordering take out. Many offer home delivery or curbside pickup for added safety and convenience.
- Follow your favorite businesses on social media. Give a shoutout to your favorite local business to let your friends and family know what they have to offer.
- Write an online review. Word of mouth can be a great way to help businesses gain traction. If you've had a great experience with a local business, write a killer review.
Small businesses are so vital to the health and wellbeing of our communities. But with the devastating impact of the pandemic over the past year, they need our help more than ever. Give them the gift of your business this holiday season and throughout the year.