Spring Break: It's Not Just for Kids
| Posted in Bank Blogs
Plan a spring getaway to one of America's top vacation destinations!
It's another sure sign that spring is coming. It's not longer days, warmer temperatures, or even the sweet sounds of birds singing. It's Spring Break, the time of year when college kids leave behind the demands of schoolwork to go have some fun in the sun.
But why should they have all the fun?
The fact is, after a long winter, many adults could use a spring vacation to recharge their batteries. So whether you've been thinking about getting away for a romantic weekend with your spouse or partner, planning a family trip, or taking off with some friends, March is a great time to give yourself a much-deserved break. And with so many great tourist attractions right here in America, you won't even need a passport.
According to tripadvisor.com, here are the top 10 destinations in the United States.
- New York, New York. The city that never sleeps truly offers something for everyone. You can check out tourist attractions like the Empire State Building and Statue of Liberty and enjoy world-class shopping, restaurants, and museums.
- San Francisco, California. San Francisco has it all — natural beauty, fine restaurants, and quaint shopping. From the majestic Golden Gate Bridge, to Alcatraz to Fisherman's Wharf, you'll have plenty to experience.
- Chicago, Illinois. You can get caught up in a whirlwind of activity in the Windy City, where you'll find world-class museums, shopping, stunning architecture, dining, music, and sports.
- Las Vegas, Nevada. Las Vegas offers a whole lot more than just casinos. You can take in outstanding shows and fun and exciting attractions, such as Bay Shark Reef, and Red Rock Canyon for hiking.
- Orlando, Florida. Orlando's famous theme parks aren't just great for kids; there's plenty for adults as well in parks like Epcot, where you can shop and dine around the world from one convenient location.
- Washington DC, District of Columbia. Head to the hub of American politics and history in Washington DC. You'll find world-class museums with free admission, and stunning monuments and memorials.
- Boston, Massachusetts. Home of the Red Sox and historic Fenway Park, Boston offers the ultimate in history and culture. Walk the Freedom Trail for a piece of American Revolution History or visit the North End for a taste of its legendary Italian restaurants and cannoli.
- Los Angeles, California. Ready for Hollywood? You can tour movie studios, take in world-class shopping, and see the handprints of Hollywood's most famous stars at the Chinese Theatre.
- Honolulu, Hawaii. Say aloha to the most beautiful beaches and scenery in the world. From colorful cocktails, to art museums, to Pearl Harbor, Honolulu and the island of Oahu offers an experience you'll never forget.
- New Orleans, Louisiana. Every day is a party in New Orleans. From its bustling Bourbon Street in the French Quarter to the Garden District, New Orleans offers shopping, great music, world-class dining, and so much fun.
For more information on these and other popular U.S. locations, visit tripadvisor.com.